LRE Journal Special Issue: Computational Semantic Analysis of Language - SemEval-2014 and beyond
We invite submissions of articles describing in-depth evaluation
exercises on computational semantics of text. A natural candidate is
an extended "task description" paper from SemEval-2014, which includes
a broad description of the problem, resources used, system comparison,
analysis of results, and novel conclusions.
However, we do not limit the contributions to SemEval-related works.
Instead, other works presenting substantial experimental evaluation on
natural language semantics are also welcome.
Finally, papers describing concrete NLP systems/approaches on one of
those semantic tasks are welcome too, provided they present relevant
evaluation on the task at hand and highlight important properties of
the problem, resources, etc.
Out of scope are system description papers which do not add insights
on the specific problem they tackled in SemEval.
Please submit your articles at
Make sure to select “S.I. : SemEval-2014” when asked to provide the
You may either submit full articles that should not exceed 25 pages or
shorter “project notes” that are 10 pages long.
- First call for papers: Aug 15, 2014
- Second call for papers: Sep 30, 2014
- Submission deadline: Nov 1, 2014
- First round decisions due: Feb 15, 2015
- Revision / resubmissions: May 1, 2015
- Final decisions: July 15, 2015
- Preslav Nakov, Qatar Computing Research Institute
- Torsten Zesch, University of Duisburg-Essen