Call for Papers
We welcome papers dealing with one or more of the following topics:
- Language resources and tools for similar languages, varieties and dialects;
- Adaptation of tools (taggers, parsers) for similar languages, varieties and dialects;
- Evaluation of language resources and tools when applied to language varieties;
- Reusability of language resources in NLP applications (e.g., for machine translation, POS tagging, syntactic parsing, etc.);
- Corpus-driven studies in dialectology and language variation;
- Computational approaches to the study of mutual intelligibility between dialects and similar languages;
- Automatic identification of lexical variation;
- Automatic classification of language varieties;
- Text similarity and adaptation between language varieties;
- Linguistic issues in the adaptation of language resources and tools (e.g., semantic discrepancies, lexical gaps, false friends);
- Machine translation between closely related languages, language varieties and dialects.
We invite submissions of up to 9 pages plus bibliography. Submissions should be formatted according to the COLING 2018 guidelines and submitted in PDF format.
We strongly recommend you to prepare your manuscript using LaTeX.
Submissions should be uploaded on START. The review process will be double-blind.
Papers should be submitted by
May 18, 2018 May 25, 2018.